The Medina County Permit Center is located behind the Engineering Center at 791 West Smith Road in Medina, Ohio. This permit center houses the Medina County Sanitary Engineers, Building Department, and Highway Engineers Permit Departments all in one convenient location.
The Medina County Sanitary Engineers Permit Department offers many services:
- Issuance of Water and Sanitary permits to existing residential homes, new construction of residential homes, commercial buildings or additions
- Schedule water and sanitary sewer taps for residential or commercial buildings
- Schedule water and sanitary sewer service line inspections for residential and commercial buildings
- Receive and record operational complaints (ie. sanitary back-ups, sewer gas odor, water leak, discolored water, water odor, etc.) and dispatch appropriate personnel
- Receive and record construction complaints and contact the appropriate contractor/owner
- Receive requests and schedule locates for OUPS excavations
- Receive requests and schedule meter sets, low water pressure investigation, etc.
- Issue temporary hydrant meter permits, record readings, and invoice for water used
- Provide for the registration of contractors
- Schedule manhole inspections and repairs
- Distribute rules and regulations of the Sanitary Engineers Department
- Issue meter bars or arrange for vault delivery for new water customers